Tuesday, June 19, 2012

;(

I was wondering if and when Olivia was going to ask...

"Dat! Dat. Dat?" she kept repeating as we were descending the staircase.

"That?? What's that?" I replied, hoping this is what she was saying and not what I knew to be true.

"Mee-OoooW!?"

"No, the cat doesn't live here anymore. No more Sampson," I told her, holding back the tears.

"No more dat," Olivia said.

-----------

There is nothing more to say, is there?  :(

----------

Isn't it funny how when you need to be comforted the most, God has a way of doing that? Mike handed me a package just a few hours after the above conversation with my daughter, and this is what I pulled out:

 And on top of that, Sampson's vet gave me a call tonight just to see how we were doing and to lend an ear if I needed someone to talk to. How did they know that today was going to be one of those hard days? How did Dr. Johnson know to call just at the right time? How grateful am I to have found such a caring, compassionate vet to help Sampson and me through the final days and beyond?

Thank you, God, for all of this. I feel truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment