Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Ordinary Day...sort of

The Ordinary:

 Collin playing Thomas the Tank Engine and Conductor

 Olivia playing Just Like Mommy

The Extraordinary:

 I think today's Facebook status says it all:
"I don't know whether or be grossed out or alarmed or both, but I definitely just extracted two 3-inch, intact pieces of spaghetti from Olivia's nose...from last night's dinner. Um, ew?"
Well, first of all, every parent should have a NoseFrida Snotsucker or equivalent in the house. There is no way I would have been able to pull out what I did with a bulb syringe. Second, I called the pediatrician just in case there might be a blockage issue that could lead to infection. He wasn't fazed and said not to worry, that I most likely got all the food out and things are fine. But what if I didn't? What if there's a stray piece of pasta still up there? Or some couscous or broccoli that she ate for dinner tonight? Come to think of it, she did sound extra wheezy at dinner, didn't she? The whole thing is just unsettling. And gross. Really gross. Like something you'd see in sci-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment